Windows 8 is a great operating system by Microsoft and with Windows 8 they took a leap of faith because they wanted to unify the PC and mobile devices ecosystem and what other way to do this other than making an operating system that works well on both platforms?
We have seen some great mobile tablet devices running Microsoft Windows 8 like the Microsoft Surface Pro and some Lumia tablets by Nokia (now known as Microsoft).
Windows comes with its own collection of apps and programs that you can install by downloading the setup files. You have official Microsoft App Store on Windows 8 based PCs or computers where you can get apps from but even that app store is missing some great apps and programs like a screen recorder.
In this post I am going to tell you how to perform screen capture on Windows 8 and for this we will be using a great software named Movavi Screen Capture Studio which allows the users to capture you screen in video formats and this works on Windows 8 as well. Let us get started with the tutorial.
How to record screen on Windows 8?
As I mentioned above, we are going to download and install a software named Movavi Screen Capture Studio which basically allows you to capture screen on Windows 8.
You can save these screen captures in video formats that you can use as tutorials. Let us see how to download and set this program up on your PC or computer.
How to download, install and use Movavi Screen Capture Studio?
Download & Install
- Just go to this link and hit the download button to download the setup file.
- An exe file will be downloaded.
- Now double click the downloaded file and you will see that the setup is running.
- Install using suitable options and the install will be completed in a minute or two.
Using Movavi Screen Capture Studio
- After the download is complete, just start the program you just installed and you will see a window similar to the image we have attached below.
- You can choose the recording area and resolution from the presets and you also have an option to do custom size recording.
- You can see you have options to record your screen using your microphone or system audio.
- Now that you have set everything up, just hit that REC button and the recording will start.
- You will now see that recording has started and the software is already recording your screen.
- You can pause the recording or you can stop or save it. You have controls to lower or increase the audio as well.
- This software also lets you record in 60fps so your recorded videos will be buttery smooth and they will feel like a live presentation.
You can control the software using on screen buttons but you also have options to control the recording using your keyboard.
So, this was a post in which I told you a method to perform screen capture in Windows 8 and this method, as you can see, is easy as well. You can ask your doubts or questions in comments section below!